Homegrown love

Homegrown love

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Almost died trying to cure myself...

So today has been great/boring/blessing filled/Raanan jumping on my back while i type kind of day. I have been on and off achey, runny nose, headache and all that.   Jordan sent me a sweet text this morning requesting that i "Rest and take it easy", asking me not to paint the house or basically feel guilty for doing nothing. It was so special to get permission, that i got another cup of coffee and stayed in my pajamas until two in the afternoon.  My friend keeps nagging me about eating whole raw garlic...saying i will be cured of my illnesses in days! I have heard it from two different people, so i decided to buck up and give it a try.
   I had been drinking some lemon/water/cayenne pepper/maple syrup concoction that will make me feel better too. Its sort of yummy, not too bad and has a slight spice to it, no worse than a homemade chai! But anyway, there i was making some homemade lentil soup, garlic cheddar bread and slicing and dicing away. I have these garlic pieces that are already shelled or peeled out of the skin and i was looking them over thinking i might just be able to swallow that whole...so i wont have to taste it.  I decided, no, thats a huge clove of garlic, so i cut it once in half. Then i took my drink and my garlic half and swallowed..woop! down the hatch, no big deal.  Then i take the next one and drink it down, except it gets stuck...like lodged like a toothpick would feel!  My gag reflex kicked in real good and my mind said to myself "here it comes piece of cake!"
but nothing happened, i tried to swallow and it lodged again. I think my eyes must have bugged and i gagged a second time...this time all of my stomach contents shot out around the cube of garlic, all over. It happened to start burning my nose and throat like coals and my mind then thought "f-ing cayenne pepper...why?"
But my next gag and barf produced a scary thought that i might not make it out of this. I think while i was making a fuss in the kitchen i looked over and saw one of the kids shut the bedroom door on as no not interrupt their movie and i recalled them doing the same thing yesterday when the pig was squealing...
So my very last thought was "what if i cant get this out?" I shoved my finger down my throat and started fishing around and with the next gag it rocketed out and hit the wall.
I was panting and gasping, face of fire and think i saw a little blood poor me...the only soul around was Elvis, just staring at me. But i was automatically grateful for being alive. I was grateful for my selfish children, sick dirty pig, hard working husbad and for even just having a cold.  I don't think i found a quick cure...i decided to put garlic in my soup and my bread after that...maybe i will have some on a salad tomorrow. But i did find i can be thankful!
   Being thankful is what made it possible for me to stay in my jammies and go back to the bedroom to watch movies all day with the kids. O LIFE! hahah

                         our second chicken egg so far and raanan painting yesterday                               

                                       snuggles even when im sick...awww

No comments: